Legal Aid Services of Oregon (LASO), Oregon Law Center (OLC), and the Center for Nonprofit Legal Services (CNPLS) are partnering to provide resources to communities in the aftermath of natural disasters. Visit Oregondisasterlegalservices.org for more information.
Please note: To increase accessibility to legal services Legal Aid has launched a Wildfire Disaster Relief Hotline: 844-944-2428. Hotline hours: Monday through Thursday from 9 am to 4 pm and Friday from 9 to 11:30 am.
The Oregon Law Center is one of the two primary civil legal service organizations in the state along with Legal Aid Services of Oregon. OLC and LASO have been working to develop and coordinate disaster relief legal services for people affected by the Oregon wildfires.
Legal aid offices around the state represent low-income individuals on a range of legal issues, including housing, employee rights, and family law. Individuals affected by wildfires and anyone else who might qualify for legal aid services are encouraged to contact their local office. To get started, please visit Oregonlawhelp.org - Find Legal Help.
Attached below are flyers on ID replacement and renters' rights, as well as a collection of sample letters that can be used by tenants affected by the wildfires. Both English and Spanish versions. LASO, In the coming days and weeks, will circulate similar informational flyers on topics including public benefits access, air quality and workplace issues, and rights of manufactured home park residents.
Free Legal Consultation & Resources for Fire Victims
Attorneys from the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA) are providing pro-bono assistance to those who suffered property damage in the Echo Mountain fires. Attorneys will be available to give general guidance, assistance, and advice regarding fire insurance claims and related legal issues at no charge. Social Distancing, masks, and other COVID-19 precautions will be observed. Face coverings and hand sanitizer will be made available.
- Who: Anyone who suffered property damage in the fires
- What: Free legal consultation, advice, and assistance
- Where: Lincoln City Outlet Mall, Suite 410
- When: Thursday, October 15, from 4 to 6 pm
No registration is needed. Have questions or need more information? Call Adam Springer at Yaquina Law at 541-272-5500, open Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm.
Can't make it, but have questions or need assistance? OTLA has the following resources available for you:
- OTLA has made a free hotline available for general advice and referrals to attorneys who handle fire claims. Call 800-809-0616 between 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday to speak with an attorney.
- Questions about your insurance claim? Visit Oregontriallawyers.org - Fire Resources page to watch videos explaining fire insurance claims made by attorneys who specialize in representing insured persons on insurance claims