Fires in Oregon - Displaced Voter FAQs
- Voters who have a temporary mailing address where they would like their ballots mailed should call the Lincoln County Clerk with that information at 541-265-4131.
- Voters who would like to have their ballots delivered in person to the Lincoln City City Hall beginning October 17th should call the Lincoln County Clerk to make arrangements for this service at 541-265-4131.
- State of Oregon – Secretary of State - Fires in Oregon: Displaced Voter FAQ
- How can I receive my ballot if I have been displaced by wildfires?
Ballots will begin being mailed on October 14th. If you know an address where you will be able to receive mail then, you can add a temporary mailing address on the Oregonvotes.gov - My Vote page or call the Lincoln County Clerk at 541-265-4131.
If you want to use a paper form to provide us with a temporary address download the Oregon Absentee Ballot Request Form (PDF).
You can pick up all of your mail (including ballots once they are mailed) at the post office that serves your permanent residence address.
Contact your county election office after October 1st for additional options they may have for pickup. Find yours on the Oregon.gov Elections pages.
- If I submit a change of address through USPS will my ballot be forwarded to the new address?
No. Ballots are not forwardable. It is one of the security features of our system. You must inform election officials of your temporary address using one of the methods above in order to have your ballot sent there.
- Do I need to register to vote from my temporary address?
No. You do not need to re-register to vote if you are living somewhere temporarily because you have been displaced by wildfires. You just need to let election officials know where to mail your ballot by one of the methods above.
- Will I be able to vote on the local measures where my permanent address is located even if I am temporarily living outside that area?
Yes. The ballot you receive will contain the contests for your residential address, not your temporary mailing address.