Candidate Filing Information
Important Dates for the May 21, 2024 Primary Election
|Election Process||Important Dates|
|First day to file for office||September 14, 2023|
|Last day to file ballot title for measures (county, city, and district)||March 1, 2024|
|Last day to file for office (county and precinct committeeperson candidates)||March 12, 2024|
|Last day to file for Voters' Pamphlet (county candidates)||March 14, 2024|
|Last day to file measure forms (SEL 801,802,803) and explanatory statements||March 21, 2024|
|Last day to file measure arguments for Voters' Pamphlet||March 25, 2024|
|Ballots mailed to military and overseas voters||April 5, 2024|
|Ballots mailed to out-of-state voters||April 22, 2024|
|Voter Registration Deadline||April 30, 2024|
|Ballots mailed out||May 1, 2024|
|Election Day||May 21, 2024|
Filing for Office
A candidate may file for office in one of two ways:
- Filing by Declaration:
- Completely fill out and turn in form SEL 101 (partisan and nonpartisan) or SEL 190 (district).
- Pay the filing fee (if applicable).
- Filing by Petition:
- Completely fill out and turn in form SEL 101 or SEL 190.
- Turn in the signature sheet form SEL 102 or SEL 121 with sufficient signatures.
- Petition signers must be registered voters in the same county/city/district and/or sub-district/ward as the candidate.
- All petitions require a certain number of valid signatures - ask your county or city elections official for the exact number.
Lincoln County Voters' Pamphlet
If you would like to have your picture and/or additional information in the voters' pamphlet, the cost would be as indicated in the voters' pamphlet section of this website. Voters' Pamphlet Statements Must Be Typed. Please read the directions very carefully. You will need to fill out the County Voters' Pamphlet forms and complete the "Required Information" section again, even though you already provided similar information on your candidate filing form. If you have any questions, please call 541-265-4131.
- For those candidates who plan to receive or spend less than $750 during the entire campaign:
- You are not required to form a Principal Campaign Committee (Candidate's Statement of Organization - SEL 220) or file any Contribution or Expenditure reports or forms.
- Any candidate who plans to/or receives or spends more than $750 during the entire campaign, must:
- Form a Principal Campaign Committee: You must file a completed SEL 220 (Candidate's Statement of Organization) and a completed SEL 223. This filing must be done with the Secretary of State using their electronic filing system called ORESTAR.
- If you are a candidate who plans to/or receives or spends more than $750 and less than $3,500 during the entire campaign:
- You may file a PC 7 (Certificate of Limited Contributions and Expenditures). This filing must be done with the Secretary of State using their electronic filing system called ORESTAR.
- Or - you may file detailed contribution or expenditure reports on ORESTAR.
- If you are a candidate who plans to/or receives or spends more than $3,500, during the entire campaign:
- You must file detailed contribution and expenditure reports using the Secretary of State's electronic filing system called ORESTAR.
Please note: Beginning January 1, 2007, Contribution and Expenditure filings must be made with the Secretary of State using their ORESTAR electronic filing system. The Secretary of State is now the filing officer for all local campaign committees.