Victim Information System in Oregon (VISOR)
VISOR is a free, computer-based service that will allow you to check on an offender’s custody status either in a county or state facility, and to register to receive automatic notification when an adult in custody (AIC) is released or transferred.
You may locate an AIC using basic information such as the name or offender number to search for the AIC you want to register for
- VISOR will give you the AIC’s custody information and invite you to register for free notification by phone call, email, or text if the status changes of the AIC
- Click in the “search bar” where you can conduct a statewide search of offenders and register to receive notifications of a change in custody status of the offender: Home (oregon.gov)
How do I register with VISOR?
You will need to provide:
1. A telephone number or email
2. Search for the AIC you want to register for
3. Choose a preferred notification delivery method
You may create an account in VISOR if you wish. Creating an account will allow you to choose how and when you receive notifications, it will allow you to view recent notifications that were sent to you, allow you to change your personal information, and allow you to unregister.
You also have the option to remain anonymous when registering instead of creating an account.
Important VISOR Facts
- VISOR will send you a notification when the AIC you registered for is released, transferred, escapes, or is deceased.
- All registrations and personal information with VISOR are, and will remain, confidential.
- You may register more than one phone number or email.