A.W. Jack Morgan Park
A.W. Jack Morgan Park and Campground is an eleven-acre parcel located along both sides of the State Highway 229, at mile marker 17.5.
On the west side of the Highway there is a concrete boat ramp into the Siletz River, concrete vault restrooms, and a picnic area with tables. Fishing for Chinook and Steelhead on this section of the Siletz River is popular. Kayaking, drifting and swimming are popular summertime activities. The west side of the park is day use only with no fee.
The east side of the highway has camping areas that are private and woodsy along Hough Creek. Each of the 17 campsites are complete with a picnic table, fireplace/barbeque pit, and potable water is available nearby. The camping area is sheltered by a canopy of spruce trees above. The campground is open year round for all season camping. One Cabin is available year round and may be reserved up to nine months in advance. Please visit our Camping Cabin page for more information.
The check in process is a self-service process, for cash or check. Credit Cards are not accepted at A.W. Jack Morgan Park. Campers will select their own site, fill out an envelope, insert payment and drop in payment box. The top portion of the envelope is placed in the windshield of the registered vehicle, where it can be seen by park staff. There is no paperwork for check out.
- There are no RV hookups available for sewer, water or electricity, at A.W. Jack Morgan Park.
- All campsites will be on a first come basis. We do not take reservations for these sites.
- All campsites will be limited to 8 people or less, 3 tents or less, 1 RV and 2 additional vehicles.
- Check in time is 2 pm.
- Check out time is noon.
- 10-day stay limit.
- A "full" sign will be posted when the campground is full, and no overflow camping will be permitted.
- Day Use of campsites will not be allowed.
All individual campsites are first-come, first-served. No reservations are available for individual campsites.
Visit the campground in person to determine availability, or you can contact the Camp Host at 541-994-7258.
- Boats with gas or electric motors are allowed on the entire river.
- Use of jet pump motors is prohibited above A.W. Jack Morgan Park Boat Ramp.
- An approved Personal Flotation Device must be carried for each person. It is highly recommended that a PFD be used.