251 West Olive Street
Newport, OR 97365
Jamie Russell, Lieutenant
Our Mission is to Enhance Public Safety, Reduce the Fear and Impact of Crime, and Improve Quality of Life.
- We believe people can change
- We commit to professional integrity and fiscal responsibility
- We value the dignity and respect of all people
- We believe in the importance of teamwork
- We value the perspective, creativity and contributions of all
- We encourage growth and learning
- We recognize achievement and celebrate success
Lincoln County Jail: Facts & Information
|Lincoln County Jail Opened
||June 1, 1992
|Capacity at the Lincoln County Jail
|Number of Bookings per Year
3,387 in 2016
Male bookings: 2,482
Female bookings: 905
Forced/matrix releases: 662
||Combination: Primarily direct podular
supervision with some indirect podular supervision
How to Volunteer at the Lincoln county jail
If you are interested in volunteering in one or more of the following areas:
- PF (Prison Fellowship)
- AA (Alcoholics Anonymous)
- NA (Narcotics Anonymous)
- NAC (Native American Ceremony)
Click here for the volunteer application
Sail program: successful achievements in living (s.a.i.l.)
- What's SAIL About?
- Why SAIL?
A history of reform programs in US jails. Where SAIL was developed. Its focus on education and motivation. Success facts from the SAIL program in our jail.
victim information and notification everyday (vine)
Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE) is a telephone service that provides victims, as well as concerned citizens, with inmate custody and case information and release notification. Examples of information include:
- Current custody status and charges
- Inmate location
- Next court date and time
- Inmate's scheduled release date
Call 1-877-674-8463 any time, seven days a week for offender information or to register for notification services.
For victim notification, you must register with VINE. VINE requires a telephone number where you can be reached and a 4-digit PIN. If an inmate is released from custody, the VINE service will call you every 30 minutes for 24 hours or until the call is confirmed. Calls are confirmed and stopped by entering your 4-digit PIN.