Lincoln County Public Works Department
880 NE 7th Street
Newport, Oregon 97365
tel: (541) 265 - 5747
fax: (541) 574 - 1295
410 NE Harney Street
Newport, OR 97365
The Department's primary function is to maintain the County Road System and to respond to public emergencies.
The County Road System serves three main functions:
The majority of the staff and equipment is headquartered in Newport. There are two satellite facilities. One is at Eckman Creek in the Waldport area and the other is at the south end of Lincoln City (Cutler City).
The Lincoln County Road Department maintains approximately 332 miles of paved and graveled roads throughout the county.
|Total Maintained Miles||335.35|
Engineering, Surveying, and contract management for pavement preservation and capital improvement projects (including Local Improvement Districts).
Regulation, inspection, and administration of work and development within the public road right of way (utilities, access to the county road).
Permitting of oversize loads on county roads.
Acquisition, maintenance, and fueling of heavy equipment and fleet vehicles for all County departments.
The Lincoln County Road Department maintains 85 bridges for vehicular traffic. In addition to the 85 vehicular bridges, the biennial inspection program inspects two non-vehicular Covered Bridges, one city bridge (Newport) and three public road bridges (Johnson Street, Rocky Bridge, Alder Springs). One of the covered bridges, the Drift Creek Covered Bridge, was dismantled in 1997.
The county's bridges open to vehicular traffic are constructed of timber, concrete and steel. There are two historic covered bridges open to vehicular traffic. Spans of the bridges range from approximately 10 feet to 470 feet.
The most recent project has been the completion of the Logsden Bridge. Using funds received through the Oregon Transportation Investment Act, the bridge was rated as deficient, and required complete replacement.