Sex offender supervision and community notification is a critical component to the Lincoln County Parole & Probation Department's mission of public safety.
A total of approximately 70 sex offenders are currently under supervision in Lincoln County. These offenders have been convicted of a variety of sex offenses and represent varying levels of risk to the community.
- Community Notification: Based upon the level of risk determined through use of a validated risk assessment, some of these offenders are subject to the legal requirements of Community Notification.
Go to: Community Notification/Predatory Sex Offenders
- Statewide Registration: All offenders who have committed crimes listed in ORS 181.594 are subject to mandatory statewide registration.
- Formal Probation: Although many sex offenders are sent to prison as a result of their conviction, some offenders are placed directly on formal probation and those in prison will ultimately return to the community under parole or post-prison supervision.
Lincoln County Sex Offender Supervision Officer
What is Lincoln County Parole & Probations doing to ensure both short term and long term public safety in the supervision of sex offenders?
The supervision of sex offenders is a very challenging public safety responsibility. Lincoln County Parole & Probation has a sex offender supervision officer (tel: 541-265-8851) that has received training unique to the supervision of sex offenders. This Officer focuses on public safety in the supervision of sex offenders by:
- Completing pre-sentence reports so that necessary information is available at the time of sentencing.
- Making the public aware of predatory sex offenders. . . through the media, contact with police agencies, distribution of information to neighborhoods, etc.
- Ensuring that all sex offenders are required to participate in evaluation and/or treatment programs. . .and hold them accountable to that requirement.
- Requiring that sex offenders routinely submit to polygraph examination, both to determine prior history and to determine compliance with the conditions of their supervision.
- Working closely with treatment providers, police, victims advocates, and social service agencies so that information on supervised sex offenders is shared.
- Participating in a statewide group of community corrections parole and probation officers who specialize in sex offender supervision. . .to be certain that we are continuously accessing the best information on supervision techniques.
- Routinely access available national research on the supervision and treatment of sex offenders to ensure that we are operating in a manner that 'works'.
If you have information regarding sex offenders under supervision, that information can be provided confidentially to the Lincoln County Sex Offender Supervision Officer at (541) 265-8851.
National and State-Level Sex Offender Networks
National Information on the supervision of sex offenders: Center for Sex Offender Management is available at www.csom.org.
Oregon State Information on the Oregon Sex Offender Supervision Network: www.doc.state.or.us/cc/sexoff.htm.
Lincoln County Information: Community Notification/Predatory Sex Offenders