• You must have a license to operate a hotel, motel or a bed and breakfast that has more than two rooms. 
  • All licensed facilities must pass a biannual health inspection. Inspection reports can be viewed at this website.
  • A license is also required for RV parks, organizational camp or outdoor mass gatherings.

Good to Know

If there is a food service operation accompanying the accommodation, a separate restaurant license is also required.


Travelers' Accommodations
Bed & Breakfast
RV Parks
Organizational Camps
Mass Gatherings

Get a License

Submit a completed Tourist Facility License Application along with the license fee payment. A hotel or motel license takes 10 business days. Licenses for bed and breakfasts are granted after a plan review and pre-opening inspection. Bed and breakfasts must also obtain a restaurant license.


Based on the number of units: 2018-19 Fee Schedule


Licenses are good for one calendar year. Renew your license by paying the license fee by December 31 of each year.



Lincoln County Environmental Health

Mailing address: 36 SW Nye St, Newport, Oregon 97365

Physical address: 255 Oregon Coast Highway, Suite 203A, Newport, Oregon 97365

Phone: (541) 265-4127

Fax: (541) 574-6252