Disease & Animal Bite Reporting
Contact Us! 24/7 Contact
- Telephone: (541) 265-4112
- Fax 541-265-4191
What are reportable diseases?
- All Oregon health departments are required to report diagnosis of certain diseases. These diseases are called 'reportable'.
- There are currently over 50 reportable diseases in Oregon.
- The Oregon Public Health Division Reporting for Clinicians poster specifies which diseases need to be reported.
- When a report is made, all personal patient information is kept confidential.
To Report on a Reportable Disease:
- Use the Confidential Oregon Morbidity Report Form and follow the submission instructions on the form OR
- Call or fax the following information to Lincoln County Public Health (contact information above):
- Sick person's name
- Sick person's address and phone number
- Sick person's date of birth
- Diagnosis (what disease do they have?)
- What day the symptoms began
For information on disease and infection from other sources like animal bites, food borne illness, and water borne illness, see our Environmental Health page.
Reporting Animal Bites
ATTENTION Providers: All animal bites are reportable in Lincoln County. Please see Fillable Animal Bite Reporting Form and complete all parts of the form.
Fax same day to Lincoln County Health and Human Services (ALL animal bites) 541-574-6252.