225 W. Olive St., Room 103
Newport, OR 97365
Auxiliary Communications Service
The Auxiliary Communications Service (ACS) is the volunteer communications unit serving Lincoln County Sheriff's Office - Emergency Management. The ACS model includes amateur radio operators who participate with various agencies to provide emergency communications to governmental and critical facilities within Lincoln County.
Participation in the ACS program requires a current FCC Amateur Radio license, volunteer application, background check, and completion of FEMA online incident command courses. Regular training is provided as well as periodic certification programs for radio operators. ACS members meet monthly, participate in weekly radio nets and other scheduled exercises. The majority of the 60 + ACS operators have also completed CERT training and participate in CERT activities.
For more information or to find out about obtaining your amateur radio license, contact the Auxiliary Communications Service Team at email: email@example.com or by phone: 541-265-4199.
Lincoln County Auxiliary Communications Service
- Lincoln County Auxiliary Communications Service Brochure
- Lincoln County Amateur Radio License Testing Information
Volunteer Application and Resources
- Volunteer Application - Lincoln County Auxiliary Communications Service
- Volunteer Program - Volgistics Log In
- Volunteer Program - Managing Your County Volgistics Volunteer Profile
- Volunteer Orientation Manual
- Volunteer Orientation Presentation