Sexual Assault Response Team (SART)
SART is a multi-disciplinary team developed to improve services to victims of sexual assault.
Any person has the right to say "no" at any time to any sexual act. "No" means no.
Goals of the Lincoln County SART:
- To promote a victim-centered response instead of a system-centered response to the crime of sexual assault
- Because responders from all parts of the sexual assault response system have a tremendous impact on the victim’s trauma and healing
- To improve our community’s response to adolescent and adult sexual assault
- Because increased coordination will improve the response
- To improve the response of each individual and individual agency
- Because there is a need for clear expectations, roles and responsibilities to guide our work
- Because there is a need for concise policies, procedures and interagency agreements to guide our work
- Because victims of sexual assault as well as accused offenders have the right to access to justice
- Because the physical, emotional and psychological well-being of a victim of sexual assault should be given precedence whenever and wherever possible
- Because offenders need to be held accountable
- Because we want community members, including victims and potential victims, to know and understand that local organizations are prepared and able to respond well in the aftermath of a sexual assault