Domestic Partnership Information
To file a "Declaration of Domestic Partnership" with your Lincoln County Clerk, please follow these steps:
- Obtain a "Declaration of Domestic Partnership" form. These forms are available at the Lincoln County Clerk's Office at 225 West Olive Street in Newport, Oregon. We are located in Room 201 in the County Courthouse.
- The forms are also available on the Department of Human Resources website. These forms must be printed on 8 ½ X 14 paper and have the gray bar on the left side. When you click the 'print' button, a print dialog box will appear. In the section titled 'Page Handling', be sure to check the box that says "choose paper source by PDF page size." This ensures the form prints correctly.
Both partners need to fill out their part of the form (please type or print in black ink). Then take the form to a notary and both partners will need to sign in front of the notary and have both their signatures notarized.
- Bring the completed and notarized "Declaration of Domestic Partnership" to the Lincoln County Clerk's Office. These may be filed between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm Monday through Friday. The application process will take approximately 15 minutes.
- The fee to file the Declaration is $60, which must be in cash.
- Both partners must be at least 18 years of age and at least one partner must be a resident of Oregon.
- Bring a driver's license or ID card for identification.
A copy of the Declaration will be provided at no charge. If a "certified" copy is needed, the fee is $7.75 for each.
For more information, call 541-265-4121.