Lincoln County Board of Commissioners
225 West Olive Street, Room 110
Newport, Oregon 97365
tel: (541) 265-4100
fax: (541) 265-4176
Casey Miller - PIO
Public Information Officer - Roles and Responsibilities
The Lincoln County Public Information Officer accomplishes a variety of activities which include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and updating the County web site
- Filming and producing County related video projects
- Hosting the Lincoln County Connections radio show
- Design and production of print, web and other graphic materials
- Writing and executing media releases
- HAN Administrator
- Emergency Services and ICS related duties
- Special Road Districts organization
- Committee and Board organization
- Back up support to the BOC
- IS-00100. b., IS-00200. b., ICS 300, ICS 400, IS-00700. a., IS-00800. b., NFPA Basic Public Information Officer, L-952 All Hazard Public Information Officer, Nerve Agent and Chempack Response, Public Information All Hazards, ICS Forms Review, Social Media for Natural Disaster Response and Recovery
History and Work Experience
Casey Miller is a third generation local resident who was born in Newport, Oregon. His paternal grandparents operated and retired as owners of Richmaid Ice Cream of Newport. His maternal grandmother continues to live on her fathers original farmland eight miles out on the Yaquina Bay Road.
In 1997, after attending Yuba Community College and University California Davis, Casey moved back to the community where he currently lives in Newport.
From 1997 until 2004 Casey worked primarily at Lincoln County radio stations. Casey also spent brief periods of time working with KSHL Radio and the Transwestern Yellow Pages Directory. His professional radio experience has included on-air talent, managing local advertising sales, print, web and audio production.
In 2005, Casey created a full service and grass roots multi-media advertising agency specializing in web design, print media, PR, video production and audio production. Casey has literally worked with hundreds of local businesses during his professional media career assisting Lincoln County and other regional businesses with their economic development goals.
Working for Lincoln County as the Public Information Officer has provided Casey the opportunity to execute professional communication strategies: improving local civics literacy in regard to Lincoln County Government.